The people have spoken! Find out which 10 hotels were voted as Barcelona’s best in 2017.
Why take a chance on choosing accommodation based on star ratings or some other arbitrary measure? In these days of crowdsourced information, hotels can no longer get away with poor service, dirty bedrooms or smelly showers.
To save you from researching, here are the best 10 hotels in Barcelona as reviewed by users of the TripAdvisor travel website.
1. The Serras: Old Barcelona meets the modern waterfront at the Serras. With the historic Gothic Quarter on one side and the super yachts of Port Vell on the other, the Serras gives guests easy access to the very best of Barcelona. For 5-star luxury and a rooftop bar and pool, look no further.
2. H10 Casa Mimosa: One of Spain’s most popular hotel chains, H10’s are known for their attention to detail and offering a luxury experience at value prices. The Case Mimosa is in the same block as the famous Gaudi-designed building Casa Milà, and just a few steps from the busy Avinguda Diagonal. The most popular hotel in Eixample.
3. Casa Camper: A boutique design hotel with a twin sister in Berlin, the Casa Camper offers its guests a complimentary breakfast buffet but also snacks, sandwiches, soups, fruit, pastries and juices from the lobby. Set in the up-and-coming El Raval neighbourhood just a few minutes walk from Plaça de Catalunya.
4. Mercer Hotel Barcelona: Luxury accommodation close to the cathedral in the heart of Barcelona’s Gothic Qaurter. This one is for fans of history and architecture as the hotel occupies a selection of important buildings including some of the original Roman walls of the old walled city Barcino.
5. DO Plaça Reial: Striking modern rooms just a stone’s throw from the Gothic Quarter. Throw in a spa, rooftop pool and a breakfast menu that includes homemade bread and local, organic jams and cheeses, and you’ve got a winner.
6. The Wittmore Hotel: Hidden away down an alleyway in Barcelona’s iconic Gothic Quarter, the Wittmore offers its guests a sun deck, a secret garden patio, creative cuisine, and bedrooms decorated with a modern twist on British elegance. For a taste of luxury on the cheap, the hotel offers smaller rooms that still come with plenty of storage space and are flooded with natural light.
7. Catalonia Magdalenes: Another Barri Gòtic hotel, this time tucked between the shopping streets of Portal de l’Angel and Via Laietana. Relax away from the hustle and bustle of La Rambla and relax in the hotel spa with or take in the spectacular view from the rooftop terrace that features a glass-enclosed pool, sun deck and snack bar open during the summer months.
8. Hotel Brummell: Book early to snag one of the 20 designer rooms of the Brummell, where the concept is Mediterranean casual luxury. A favourite of Monocle, Marie Clare, Architectural Digest and Wallpaper, the hotel is tucked away in the quiet, charming Poble Sec neighbourhood close to Montjuïc, yet only a 15-minute walk from La Rambla.
9. El Palace: Classic luxury surrounded by tree-lined boulevards, prestigious boutiques and many of Barcelona’s best attractions. From the sophisticated Salvador Dalí suite to a spacious classic deluxe room, the 120 rooms of El Palace all offer dressing rooms, individual temperature control, large writing desks and a separate bath and Rain Shower system.
10. The Corner: A new boutique hotel in the Eixample neighbourhood. The exterior maintaines the stylistic hallmarks of centuries past, but step inside to experience a hyper-modern atmosphere that pays homage to Barcelona’s industrial past. Natural materials like brick, wood and leather lend the bedrooms a touch of class, while the rooftop pool and terrace (summer only) helps you get away from it all.